- Growing and Harvesting Kale
- Vinegar Weed Killer Recipe
- Container Gardening Tomatoes
- Lasagna Gardening
- Wheelchair Garden
- Gardening Carrots In Your Raised Bed
- Growing Raised Bed Potatoes
- Natural Pest Control with Praying Mantis
- TEN MISTAKES to Avoid When Growing Tomatoes
- BAD SOIL GETTING YOU DOWN? Take heart!
- Growing Strawberries
- Organic Home Vegetable Garden
- Children Love Gardening
- Pesticide Residue on Fruits and Vegetables
- Pesticides & Kids - why you should be concerned
- Salsa Garden
- Growing Onions in Your Home Garden
- Home Composting
- Simple Composting Tips
- Growing Garlic
- Moles, Voles and Gophers
What is a GARDEN BOX CONTAINER?
A GARDEN BOX or GARDEN CONTAINER is simply a RAISED BED GARDEN. They are either square or rectangular. They are constructed with no bottom and are set directly on top of the soil. No digging is required.
There are numerous benefits to GARDEN BOXES / GARDEN CONTAINERS. A garden container with no bottom allows the roots of your plants to pull nutrients from the native soil down below. RAISED GARDEN BEDS provide much better drainage and aeration for growing plants.
Gardening itself, is greatly enhanced. The gardener does not need to bend down as far to reach plantings, weeding is far less and gardeners are able to plant earlier and harvest later in the season. The elevated GARDEN BOX warms the soil up sooner and keeps the soil warmer longer.
~~ A SIMPLER WAY TO GARDEN ~~